Hello my name is Emily and I'm a Stashbuster! I was so excited to see there was a desire to continue this because I still have fabric piles that need to be taken care of. I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's pledges and they have given me ideas on how to better do mine! So without further ado here's my pledge
I, EmSewCrazy, commit to making 35 garments and various other projects from stash fabric in 2014. I also commit to not buying any new fabric/patterns/notions except for what is necessary to finish a project until all my fabric fits on my existing shelving. This excludes any birthday or Christmas money or gifts.
Why do you sew?
I sew to create a fun and better fitting wardrobe for myself. I sew to save money and my sanity. So, mostly garments with an occasional quilt, toy or anything else that can be created with cloth.
Why are you stash busting?
I'm sick of the piles and am tired of feeling guilty about buying new fabric when I have other fabric sitting around. I also really want to be a good steward of what I have.
What's on your list?
Last year I made a list and it really helped me focus. Out of the 48 projects listed I sewed 28. There were lots of projects sewn that weren't on the list but I'm too lazy to go back and count them. My list hangs on the wall where I have easy visible access.
My list for this year has several pieces carried over from last year and a bunch of new fabric projects that I'm super excited about. I'm going to write it here for my own records, feel free to scroll to the bottom if it bores you.
- Sparkle Denim Bootcut Jeans
- Brown Corduroy Jeans
- Madras Plaid Shorts
- White & Pink Floral 50's dress
- Blue Flocked Rose Vogue Dress
- Brown Velvet Jacket
- Purple Hummer?
- Shelf Bra Tank Top
- Turquoise Corduroy Jacket
- Turquoise and Burgundy Colorblocked Dress
- Crazy Paisley Velvet Jumper
- Tan Stripe Hummingbird Skirt
- Red Plaid Upcycled Hummingbird Skirt
- Chiffon Top from Cotton Friend pg. 40
- Twist Neckline Pleated Dress from Cotton Friend pg. 58
- Cat Print Apron
- 2 or 3 Novelty print tops
- Floral & Tan blouse
- Brown & Black Dot Dress
- Polka Dot Cabarita
- Navy Stripe Cabarita
- Red & White Red Velvet
- Green Twiggy Dress
- Grey Long Sleeve knit shirt for Dad
- Upcycled Dog Tee
- 5 matching Cowboy print outfits for the kids
- Finish Pavlova Top UFO
- 2 Knit Tops for Mom
- Brown Wool Hummingbird Skirt for Mom
- Navy Wool Skirt upcycled for Mom
Ok, that's it for now... here's the small button if you want to put it on your blog. We haven't figured out how to code it yet... but you can copy and paste it into your posts if you wish.
Do you make sewing lists or are you like Windbreaker Heather?